Sunday, July 12, 2009

champion

Not to long ago my competitive Ultimate team up here at BYU-I played in the school competitive tournament.  We entered the tourney ranked 2nd and with only one loss on the season so we had high expectations.  To make a long story short the Vikings (my team) were victorious over the Knights (# 1 ranked team) in the championship game, making us the BYU-Idaho Spring Semester Competitive Ultimate Champions! Ya.

This entry isn't so much about Ultimate as it is about me being a champion.  Ever since we won I've been telling everyone "I'm a Champion."  I'm sure it's getting way annoying to Megan because she has to hear me say it like a hundred times a day.  Every time we meet someone new or bump into somebody I haven't told yet I make it a point to say something like, "I don't know if you heard, but I'm a champion." Or if anyone compliments me on anything I usually say "well... I am a champion." mixed in with a smug facial expression.

I had been a champion for about a week and the thrill of letting everyone know was slightly, just slightly wearing off.  Then we had the Ultimate players banquet.  That is where awards were given.  Everyone on my team was given a sweet BYU-Idaho Competitive Sports Champion T-shirt.  All that did was re-encourage me, except now I have a prop.  I can wear my sweet Champion T-shirt and walk up to people turn around and show them the back of my shirt. "Do you like my shirt?" I might ask. "Ya, I'm a champion" will be my reply.

Along those same lines my roommate's (Justin Bade) soccer team made it to the finals as well. Their game was last night.  I was so excited for him. I told him that if he won we would have 2 champions living in our apt. Unfortunately his team did not win and apt. champion count remains at 1. Sorry Bade.

This all probably makes me sound completely conceded but it's ok. I've had a ton of fun with it.  I think it's funny and know that my mom, sisters and Megan are all rolling their eyes at me right now and that makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Champ- I laughed out loud, and the entire time, the only thing that was going through my mind went a little something like,"you would." Thank you, and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen to the above statement...i was thinking holy camoly that is something that shaun would say....oh yeah and i'm gonna cal you later this week cause i know that you called...my bad and my mom asked about you...lol

    ReplyDelete