Friday, August 21, 2009

3-D tetris

This post will be begin with a few disclaimers and finish with something that should make you laugh. So stay tuned.

You can all stop worrying, I am not deathly ill.
My nasal passages are clear and breezy.
The mucus has subsided.
My tonsils have deflated.
And my ears are less and less plugged everyday. They do however, I think, change with the tides. I say this because the pressure and fluid in my ears fluctuates. There are consistent times of day when they are more plugged and times when they are almost clear and unnoticeable. This is what leads me to believe that the pressure in my ears is directly correlated to the position of the moon, like the tide in our oceans. My ears are like nature, how poetic.
Anyway I'm not way sick so you can stop worrying...mom.
and I don't have mono...Jared.

I don't remember what else I was going clarify. Uhhhhh....

Anyway, today at work was a great day, and for this reason.
After pulling around a BMW 325i (small car) I stood back and, with all the strength I could muster so as not to laugh, watched as a woman and 3 teenage girls tried to load their luggage into the truck of this undersized vehicle. -Just to help with the visual aspect of this story I feel it is necessary to mention that all four of these ladies was, to say not so politely, large. I mention this only because had they not been of such a stature I would not have laughed nearly as hard to myself.- They had way to much luggage then could fit comfortably in their car. 4 large duffel bags (packed so tight the zippers were bursting), 2 small duffel bags, 1 standard suitcase, and a mess/array of plastic grocery bags for of unused or half eaten groceries and related items. They tried with all their might just to load all the large duffel bags and the suit case into the trunk. They heaved and hoed and pushed and smashed those bags until at last all were in the trunk (the smaller duffel bags were forfeit to the back seat, no attempt to trunk them was made). Now with all the large item securely crammed into the car there was only the question of where to put all the smaller stuff. Few items (half a bag of potato chips) were even surrendered to the trash and never made it into the luggage mosh pit. Bags full of unopened TP and dryer sheets were weaved into whatever crevasse could be found. Half eaten boxes of cereal were smashed into whatever space could, or couldn't, be found without a thought of what must be happening to the contents of their breakfast to dear to them to part with. And finally Poptarts were removed from their box and were inserted like credit cards into the last remaining pocket of air. I half expect them to retrieve the bag of chips and dump it on top just to be sure every space was sufficiently used and nothing was left behind. The 4 girls then climbed into the car and dragged away. Not laughing out loud was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time. It's moments like that that make my job worth enduring.

P.S. my job isn't really excruciatingly bad. It's just funnier if I make it more dramatic.

2 comments:

  1. i like the credit card pop tart analogy...that was good...large people are very creative when it comes to transporting their food is all i have to say about this one... notice all the, what normal people would consider necessities found their way to the trash but the food remained with the biggins...HAHAHAHAA funny stuff

    ReplyDelete