Wednesday, March 4, 2009

dont be scared

This just happened.

I don't know if you even have those times when you have to take a moment and honestly think about why something came to your mind. I do. I honestly wonder what my mind is thinking sometimes.

I was doing laundry today and as I was going to pull my clothes out of the top half of stacked dryers it happened. I opened the dryer door and looked in, I saw the clothes in the dryer appeared to be trembling as if with fear and I thought to myself "why are my clothes scared?"

They were just sitting there shacking. Maybe they were afraid to leave the warmth of the dryer and enter into the cold, damp, dark air of my laundry bag. Maybe they were afraid of being dropped onto the floor below and thus becoming prematurely soiled. Or maybe it was the thought of being moved again after they had just gotten comfortable. It could have been any of these things that caused my laundry to tremble but I really think it was just the movement of the dryer they were on top of that caused them to shake slightly.

So ya, I stared at my clothes and wondered what was scaring them when it was really just someone elses quarters being put to good use. But I'm gonna pretend that they were scared. For some reason it makes me happy to think that my clothes have emotion and that I was there to witness their moment of fear.

Whatever. Don't ask me why I was thinking that or what I'm thinking now for that matter.

1 comment: