Saturday, January 17, 2009

any minute now

I don't know what his name is. If I had to guess it would be Eugene or Jefferey, not Jeff, Jefferey. I met him at the bus stop but I'm not sure he met me seeing as how he did all the talking. In the 28 minutes it took for the bus to arrive I learned a lot more than I cared to about "Jeffery." I leaned how great it is to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios everyday before work and ride the Tower of Terror 4 time each morning. I learned that you can get high off of nutmeg, paprika is delicious if eaten straight. I now know where all the best bars and video arcades in town are. And I know that at -50 degrees frostbite can occur in 10 seconds. And how good Wendy's sounds right now.Thank you "Jeffery!" You've opened my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities.

Don't you love those people who want to talk so bad that they don't care of you're part of the conversation, just as long as you have a pulse and can mumble "ya" every 43 seconds or so. I think the most I said was when I interrupted to sarcastically comment on how great Wendy's sounds right now. I could not have appeared more uninterested had I been drooling all over myself. I wanted nothing more than to give "Jefferey" a plastic bag and tell him it was a Mickey Mouse mask. But I didn't all i did was mumble "ya" about every 43 seconds, stared straight ahead and keep reminding myself that the bus will come any minute now.

1 comment: