Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's a state!

Kids say some pretty funny/messed up things at times. I was working the platforms at the monorails the other night, which pretty much consist of me tell guests where to stand while they wait for the next train to come, and there was a family standing by me. There was a cute (blond hair, pigtails, the whole bit) little girl, about 4 years old, standing around smiling at everything, so I asked here "where are you from?" Her eyes got big and she instantly turned to her mom. She tugged on her moms coat tail and asked "can I tell him?" This girl was well trained.

We all laughed a bit (stranger danger). Mom said "it's ok you can tell him." The girl turned to me and told me that she was from Michigan. Then her mom told her to ask me where I was from. The girl once again checked for clearance then asked where I was from. I told her that I was from Idaho. Her parents did the polite "Oh Idaho blah blah blah..." But the girl look very confused. She looked up at me with concern in her eyes and with all seriousness asked "Is that like some kinds of coffee?"

"WHAT?" "NO! it's a state."

I don't know what kids are learning in pre-school these days but Idaho is not coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment