Wednesday, April 29, 2009

never enough time

OK. check it. This just happened about 5 minutes ago.
One thing that I know how to do well is procrastinate (don't judge you all do it too). Last night I did my Old Testament homework real late cause that's how I roll. And I went to bed telling myself that I would do my Comm. 111 (Writing for Comm. careers or something like that) homework after my photography lab and before my other classes. My Photo lab was scheduled from 8a.m. 10:30 or something like that and my next class isn't until 12:45. So that should be plenty of time to read a newspaper article and write a paragraph about what I thought about the writing. No big deal.

So I wake up reeeeeeaaaaaaaal early, we're talking 7:15. Ya I know pathetic right. Anyway my tired mind tells me that I'll probably be working with chemicals and it probably isn't a good idea to wear my really nice leather wrist watch. So I grab my $13 rubber ish watch, strap it on and head off to the lab.

Things are going great, we're learning how to wind film onto spools for developing or whatever. Then he goes through the entire process of developing film and using the chemicals and all that jazz so that we know how to do it. I'm not really paying attention to the time at all so I have no clue what time it really is. I'm not even looking at my watch while I'm developing my own film because we have big timer clocks that I'm looking at for time. All I know is that I've been in the lab for a while.

Anyway, by the time I get done with my film I'm headed home and decide to look down at the time. My watch says 11:53. HOLY STAB!!! I have less than an hour get home, read an article, write a paragraph, print it off, and get to class and somewhere in there eat food. I think I'm gonna be rushed. So I book it home, grab a Scroll (school paper) on the way and dash into my room. First thing I do is print off my Old Test. homework from the night before. While that's printing I slap together a pbj and start eating. Then I sat down on my bed with the computer on my lap and the Scroll in my hands and start looking for an article I can read. somewhere in here I glance down at the computer screen and notice that the time says 10:22. That's odd I thought it was about 12:22 by now. Then it hits me. I just got home from Orlando and I havn't worn this watch since I was in Florida. It really was 12:22... in Florida. So now I'm taking a deep breath and eating the last few bites of my pbj. I have 2 more hours to procrastinate doing my homework.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! I laughed out loud AT you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's about accurate....i mean the laughing portion of the above comment...that is sooooo you...and every other college aged kid i know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I feel your pain here...I did that last week, except I woke up 2 hours early...it sucked.

    ReplyDelete